81% of Attawapiskat's financials are undocumented and unsupported, so you can understand why disgraced former AdScam Prime Minister Paul Martin calls their Chief an "inspiration".
Here's the complete audit from Deloitte, but this isn't a shock to Attawapiskat. In July 2011 an audit conducted by Ross, Pope & Company found several of the same serious shortfalls. These included:
- Recording of invoices
- Employee records
- Insurance coverage
- Money missing from a CMHC account
- Welfare administration and accounting systems
- Oversight on cheque and payroll disbursements
- Purchase orders and expenditure authorization
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Recording of council minutes
- WSIB remittances
- Casino Rama expenditures
- Collection of revenues
It's time for serious change on Canada's reserves.