The Liberals are desperately attempting to hold onto the one-time Liberal stronghold of Ottawa-Vanier against former Ontario Ombudsman Andre...
Friday, November 27, 2015
Former Premier's memoir fails to tell the real Liberal legacy
FORMER PREMIER’S MEMOIR FAILS TO TELL
REAL LIBERAL LEGACY
OTTAWA, ON – On the eve of former Liberal Premier Dalton McGuinty releasing his memoir, Daniel Dickin, author of Liars: The McGuinty-Wynne Record, released the following statement:
“Appropriately titled Making a Difference, former Liberal Premier McGuinty attempts to self-congratulate himself and spin his record as something that was positive and good for Ontarians,” said Dickin.
“In reality, the McGuinty Liberal policies were disastrous for Ontarians. It is ironic that McGuinty would title his autobiography Making a Difference. He has indeed made a difference – the difference he’s made is overwhelmingly negative and destructive, hijacking Ontario from a time of prosperity, jobs, and low taxes, for a decade of massive job losses, constant tax hikes, and scandal after scandal after scandal.”
“Making a Difference comes late to the market. For the past 18 months, Liars: The McGuinty-Wynne Record, has already been available, telling the cold truths of Dalton McGuinty’s legacy as Ontario’s Premier. As the first and only book that takes a critical and truthful look at the McGuinty legacy, Liars tells the story of a once-great province ruined under a decade of Liberal rule.
“Ontarians should never forget the McGuinty legacy. And they should never forget that these destructive policies are continuing to be implemented and enforced by the current Liberal administration. Premier Kathleen Wynne has continued the McGuinty legacy. That’s why it’s called the McGuinty-Wynne Record.”
Liars: The McGuinty-Wynne Record is published by Freedom Press Canada. It was released in 2014 and remains the only book on the market that examines the McGuinty Liberals’ record. It is available on Amazon.ca or direct from the publisher.
· Provincial debt has more than doubled, from $138.8 billion in 2003 to over $288.1 billion in 2013-2014
· At approximately $10.56 billion per year, interest on that debt is the third-largest expense, behind only health care and education.
· Ontario has lost approximately 300,000 manufacturing jobs under the Liberals’ watch.
· The Liberals wasted $1 billion through eHealth’s repeatedly-failed attempts to create electronic health records
· The Liberals were responsible for the ineffective and incompetent management of Ornge, Ontario’s air ambulance service which reports to the Minister of Health. The scandal included shady dealings with Liberal insiders and abuse of taxpayers’ money. The Liberal minister responsible, Deb Matthews, maintained the support of Premier McGuinty and continues to enjoy the support of Premier Wynne.
· In his memoir, McGuinty continues to stand by the $1.1 billion decision to cancel the gas plants in Mississauga and Oakville, claiming public servants got it wrong and it was up to the Liberals to correct the error.
· The Ontario Liberals are under a disturbing number of police investigations for potential criminal activity. These include:
o Police investigation into the Ornge scandal
o Charges laid and further police investigations ongoing over the alleged bribery of an election candidate by senior Liberal officials
o Police investigation into whether deleting emails surrounding the gas plant scandal was a criminal cover-up
· The Liberals are implementing an expensive and unnecessary Ontario Pension Plan, which forcibly takes money from Ontarians with no choice of how to invest or manage their own money.
· The Liberals are implementing yet another tax grab by allowing municipalities to charge a land transfer tax on top of the same tax already charged by the province. This has been roundly criticized by industry professionals and would add over $4600 to the average Ontario home purchase.
Initial reviews of Making a Difference:
“Making a Difference is shot through with self-congratulation for various “gut-” and “heart”-based decisions.”
“The inoffensive, principled, feel-your-pain image McGuinty cultivated was enough for him to muddle and meddle through a decade in government. But it was a fraud.”
“It is remarkable to come face to face with someone so utterly convinced of his own idealism, or so cynical as to insist upon it, so soon after he irrefutably demonstrated his lack of it — by squandering billions of dollars for a few seats the Liberals would probably have won anyway, proroguing the legislature to derail inquiries into same, and summarily resigning to watch the various police investigations unfold from afar.”
– Chris Selley, National Post
2015/09/24/still-waiting-for- more-on-opp-investigations-in- liberal-scandals
news/canada/mass-deletion-of- ontario-gas-plant-emails-by- senior-liberals-staff-now-a- police-investigation