The Liberals are desperately attempting to hold onto the one-time Liberal stronghold of Ottawa-Vanier against former Ontario Ombudsman Andre...
Sunday, February 7, 2016
Dickin reminds Whitby-Oshawa voters to remember the McGuinty-Wynne legacy when voting in Thursday's byelection
WHITBY-OSHAWA VOTERS NEED TO REMEMBER THE MCGUINTY-WYNNE LEGACY
WHEN VOTING IN THURSDAY'S BYELECTION
OTTAWA, ON – With the provincial byelection in the riding of Whitby-Oshawa on Thursday, February 11, 2016, Daniel Dickin, author of Liars: The McGuinty-Wynne Record, released the following statement:
"The voters of Whitby-Oshawa have an important choice to make in the byelection this Thursday. They have the opportunity to send a clear message to Kathleen Wynne: that the Liberals' mismanagement and corruption will not be tolerated, that their days in office are numbered."
"Whitby-Oshawa voters need to remember the Liberals' negative and destructive legacy, hijacking Ontario from a time of prosperity, jobs, and low taxes, for a decade-plus of massive job losses, constant tax hikes, and scandal after scandal after scandal. The McGuinty-Wynne policies have turned a once great province into one of the worst jurisdictions in the world."
“Ontarians should never forget the McGuinty legacy. And they should never forget that these destructive policies are continuing to be implemented and enforced by the current Liberal administration. Premier Kathleen Wynne has continued the McGuinty legacy. That’s why it’s called the McGuinty-Wynne Record.”
"Thursday's byelection will send a clear message to the Liberals that their days in office are numbered. I encourage all Whitby-Oshawa voters to get out and vote on Thursday."
Liars: The McGuinty-Wynne Record is published by Freedom Press Canada. It was released in 2014 and remains the only book on the market that examines the McGuinty-Wynne Liberals’ record. It is available on Amazon.ca or direct from the publisher.
· Provincial debt has more than doubled, from $138.8 billion in 2003 to over $288.1 billion in 2013-2014
· At approximately $10.56 billion per year, interest on that debt is the third-largest expense, behind only health care and education.
· Ontario has lost approximately 300,000 manufacturing jobs under the Liberals’ watch.
· The Liberals wasted $1 billion through eHealth’s repeatedly-failed attempts to create electronic health records
· The Liberals were responsible for the ineffective and incompetent management of Ornge, Ontario’s air ambulance service which reports to the Minister of Health. The scandal included shady dealings with Liberal insiders and abuse of taxpayers’ money. The Liberal minister responsible, Deb Matthews, maintained the support of Premier McGuinty and continues to enjoy the support of Premier Wynne.
· The Ontario Liberals are under a disturbing number of police investigations for potential criminal activity. These include:
o Police investigation into the Ornge scandal
o Charges laid and further police investigations ongoing over the alleged bribery of an election candidate by senior Liberal officials
o Police investigation into whether deleting emails surrounding the gas plant scandal was a criminal cover-up
· The Liberals are implementing an expensive and unnecessary Ontario Pension Plan, which forcibly takes money from Ontarians with no choice of how to invest or manage their own money.
· The Liberals are implementing yet another tax grab by allowing municipalities to charge a land transfer tax on top of the same tax already charged by the province. This has been roundly criticized by industry professionals and would add over $4600 to the average Ontario home purchase.